Apr 10, 2009

Critical Thinking Blog #4

Part One:
A TV show that stands out to me most about giving people false sense of what the world is like is The Hills and Laguna Beach. Both of these shows follow teens with wealthy families and show their day to day life. Viewing the show you see these teenagers driving nice cars, going on luxurious vacations and wearing the hottest trends. These shows give false sense of what the world is like. Yes, some parts of California are like this where rich people show of their wealth and have the “good life” but all of California is not like that. Every time I tell someone I’m from California, they immediately think of The Hills and Laguna Beach and think I live that life style. These messages The Hills and Laguna Beach are sending out are not valid or reasonable in any way, it’s a scripted TV show to paint an image to viewers not a reality show showing people a true sense of what the world is like.
Part Two:
My future career is graphic design/magazine layout for a fashion based magazine. The study of graphic design particularly visual communications, color theory, and computer skills are the central discipline for my future career.
My future career is graphic design/magazine layout for a fashion based magazine. The study of graphic design particularly visual communications, color theory, and computer skills are the central discipline for my future career. With keeping the discipline and fundamental/powerful concept of my future career choice I observed the world looking through the eyes of a visual communicator. I looked at advertisements, store window displace, magazine, and the whole world and saw what colors go together and how colors and textures go together to create a visual for consumers. Looking through the magazine I saw how to create layouts that were visual to the viewers eye and also keep their interest in their text. I also noticed the little sentences on the covers of magazine to make an individual pick up the magazine and start looking through it. After these observations I noticed that since I’m a graphic design major, advertisement and visuals really get to me probably more then most individuals.

1 comment:

Queer by Choice said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I've been creating a list of Yuba-Sutter area blogs at http://yubasutter.wikispot.org/Blogs. I added yours to the list, but if for any reason you don't want it to be listed or you want it listed in a different way, feel free to edit the list. (It's a local wiki, so anyone can edit the page, with or without registering.)