Feb 10, 2009

Critical Thinking Blog #2

How can I best deal with living in a city that I hate after I lived in a city I loved (San Diego) for a year?
A year ago I moved back to my hometown Yuba City after living in San Diego for a year. When I decided to move back home due to certain circumstance I thought how fun it would be now that I am older and out of high school. I had such high expectations that I would always be out with friends, having a good time, be back with the boyfriend I left when I moved, and simply living life to the fullest. When I moved back home it was great for the first month, I was back with my best friends and we were going out doing crazy stuff like we always used to do and I was back with my bf at the time. Then after a couple months everything fell apart, my best friends and I grew farther apart and started on separate paths, my bf and I broke up, and I wasn’t having the fun I thought I would be having. When everything fell apart that’s when I missed San Diego the most. I missed the oceans, the night life, the city, my apartment, my friends, and my roommates. It will be a year since I left San Diego in April and still everyday I think about it. Yuba City is definitely not where I want to be my whole life and the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that after college I can move and start my life in a different city. Will this constant negativity towards the city I live ever become bearable?

No comments: